Ahhh, we have come to my favorite music.
My everyday kind of listening.
My go-to kind of playlist.
Call it acoustic, folkie, singer-songwriter, indie- whatever you call it, it’s good music, I say.
For as long as I can remember, the acoustic style has been amongst my favorite musical genres. The minute a song has an ‘acoustic’ rendition out after the studio version, I always gobble it up. Let me firmly state, I have nothing against a full sonic studio recording! But there really is something so delightful and almost unexplainable about the magic that happens with an acoustic guitar and an inspired voice. (And perhaps a few simple instruments joining the accompaniment). Many of the artists below are some of my favorites. I discovered Shawn Colvin’s music in college, and was undone by the beauty of her guitar playing and the simple genius of her lyrics. (Her track below is one of her latest, but check out her earlier albums even before “Sunny Came Home” – you won’t be disappointed!) When the Civil Wars exploded onto the scene a few years ago, I had their music on continual repeat–and still do.(And I can’t even talk about their recent announcement – I’m pretending it didn’t happen-AND I’m hoping they kiss and make up very soon.) And don’t even get me started on Mumford and Sons…oh how I love thee!
I’ve also included a video below in honor of Election Day! GET OUT AND VOTE, YA HEAR? (I completely ‘borrowed’ this song link idea from my new blogger friend Reeve – check out her latest post).
(Kindly scroll down to the songlist if you cannot see the Grooveshark playlist below on your smartphone or ipad.)
31 Days of Playlists – Acoustic Songs
- Barton Hollow – Civil Wars
- Ho Hey – The Lumineers
- The Cave – Mumford & Sons
- Big Love – Fleetwood Mac
- Poor Places – Punch Brothers
- Tell Me True – Sarah Jarosz
- Poison & Wine – Civil Wars
- Roslyn – Bon Iver & St. Vincent
- The World Spins Madly On – The Weepies
- All Fall Down – Shawn Colvin
- Home – Phillip Phillips
- The Outsiders – Needtobreathe
- May Waltz (acoustic) – Brooke Fraser
- Trapeze Swinger – Iron & Wine
- For the Widows In Paradise – Sufjan Stevens
- Heaven – Brandi Carlile
- Wonderwall – Ryan Adams
- Volcano – Damien Rice
- Amazing – One Eskimo
- Side – Travis
- Cannonball – Damien Rice
- Something In The Water – Brooke Fraser
- Gotta Get Thru This – Daniel Bedingfield
- Lover of the Light – Mumford & Sons